Saturday 8 September 2012

Making Lemon Sweets

Mousey Blumenthal's Cookery Corner

Lemon Sweets

Yesterday I was looking in a recipe book and I found a whole section on how to make sweets! Like lots of other mice I have always been intrigued about how sweets are made, so I thought this would be the perfect way to find out! After some decision making, I finally settled on making Lemon Quarters.  First I gathered up my ingredients. 

 

Next,  I lined the baking tray (even though I'm not sure we were meant to).

Then, with some effort, I squeezed the lemon juice out of the lemon.




After, I weighed out the sugar.

They were both put in a pan and melted on the oven.


After, I mixed the glucose (which I had never used before,) and gelatine together.



I mixed that into the lemon and sugar pan and dissolved it.
Then I poured it into the baking tray and put it in the fridge.



Then I coated them in sugar. Yum, yum!

2 comments:

  1. They look good. A budding Nigella Lawson I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sweets look so yummy! When are you going to put on a new recipe?

    ReplyDelete